What exactly is a lifestyle?
I used to ask myself this all the time. I would hear numerous health fanatics say
"I didn't diet, I changed my lifestyle".
I googled the definition of lifestyle and here is what it says:
the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.
But really, how does one person change their lifestyle?
It is no easy thing! My belief is that it happens in stages and that you truly have to dedicate yourself in changing for the long haul and not short term.
The first step I took was to kneel in honest prayer and ask for help.
I knew that this would require divine intervention.
I have taken many steps to change my lifestyle over the past year.
My Heavenly Father has led me to every resource I needed to reach each of my goals. Miracles!
I do know now that me loosing my business and my home were both in the plan so that I would change the way I was living. Perhaps that was what needed to happen so that I would snap out of my rut and get help? I think so:)
My habits, attitude, taste, standards, and economic level have all been hit spot on this last year with challenges that brought me to such an amazing level of change.
My dad gave me a picture from the Ogden Marathon I ran in May 2011.
Wow, yes... Change has happened for me from the inside out since then!
Anyone can change their lifestyle if they are not living according to their beliefs of what one should live by. I am proof that miracles can happen and keep happening if you have faith and embrace your challenges!
May 2011
May 2012
May 2013
I am a bit taken back by these photos! I am emotional as I sit and reflect on each and every step of my journey. It has been the most trying time of my life but the most memorable.
First and for most, I have turned my heart and soul to the Lord.
My testimony has grown tremendously.
I have spent countless hours in the gym, gotten completely off of gluten, dairy, and sugar.
Going on almost six months now!
Taken charge with my family and their health.
Most importantly, I have forgiven myself for treating myself like I didn't deserve this amount of happiness or feeling of achievement.
What a blessing!
I'm truly grateful I committed myself to changing my lifestyle... What a difference!


No comments:
Post a Comment