Thursday, March 21, 2013

What a journey...

My computer crashed once again.  I haven't been able to blog and I have so much to catch up with. 
Here are the highlights from the past month:

1. Jeff and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on February 28th.  We celebrated by getting massages, spending a night at The Grand America in SLC, eating at The Roof and the famous Grand America Brunch. I love him more now than ever before.

2. I remain sugar and gluten free! This has been by far the most challenging thing EVER, but 
I DID IT! After my 30 days was complete on March 7th, I decided my journey wasn't over with my new found eating lifestyle. My addiction to sugar and bread was truly ridiculous. I am happy to report my success of not only eliminating 75% of the candida in my body, loosing a total of 35 pounds since July of last year, but I feel so much better physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

3. Kaebrie was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and sensory processing disorder.  She started therapy for her anxiety and will start her OT for SPD on April 1st. I am wondering who the therapy is for, me or her? I hope and pray that she will come out of this better and continue to be at peace with herself and the world around her.  Baby steps. She had her first recital on March 7th of the ballet Alice in Wonderland with Creative Arts Academy. She did really well. Cant wait to post pictures.

4. Owen and Kaebrie start soccer next week.  We are eagerly awaiting this.  It will be a blast! Owen is going to start piano lessons soon too. He has been begging to play an instrument since we attended my niece, Kayla's, band concert. 

Over the last month I have really struggled with EVERYTHING. I came to realize very quickly that my issue is this: I fear everything. I fear what people think about me, I fear that things won't work out no matter what given situation, I fear that my children will not turn out as I hope, and I fear that I will not make the right decisions, ultimately I fear failure.  The tricky part of fear is that the adversary has complete control over you from the second you fear something. So now, I am constantly trying to have faith in all things. It.is.difficult.
I must be going through what some consider a mid life crisis. I need to really focus on every positive thing I do everyday.  I must have faith that because I am living righteously I will be blessed and I have always been blessed. The positive does outweigh the negative and always will! It doesn't matter what anyone says about me. I don't care. The only person I care what they think is my Heavenly Father. If I am living to the best of my ability and live a Christ centered life than everything will fall where it should.  Just gotta have faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment