Tuesday, April 23, 2013

30 years of learning and growth!


I turned 30!  
I have been married for 10 years as of February 28th this year!
REALLY?
I have anticipated turning 30 only because I feel like the last 30 years of my life have brought me to an incredible place in my journey on earth.  
This year I have made some powerful changes emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  
Regaining good health has been a bonus as I enter into middle age!
Yes, I said middle age...

I felt that I needed to  make a list of 30 things that I have learned on my journey here in honor of me turning 30.

I HAVE LEARNED THAT:
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth.

2. I am a doer not a dreamer.

3. Faith will lead me to happiness, Fear will lead me to darkness and failure.

4. Children are a vital role in my earthly experience.  They are such great blessings to help me with my journey.  They teach me more than anything else in life.

5.  Being a mother is the hardest and most rewarding job.

6. Being a business owner is not for me.

7. Compassion for others and rendering heartfelt service completes me.

8. STAYING well is easier than GETTING well.

9. Past experiences are positive lessons that I accept and have grown from.

10. I found my soul mate.  He is perfect for me in every way possible.

11. Sugar is more addictive than cocaine.  (I now know what withdrawals are).

12. If you don't challenge yourself to change then change will challenge you.

13. My parents taught me well, provided for me, loved me, and I must follow the commandment to   honor them and respect them.

14. Satan is real and very powerful.  He wants to destroy me and will try in any way (big or small) to make me believe that any sin is worth it.

15. Heavenly Father has a plan for me.  I am not here to compete with anyone. I am working out my own salvation.  

16. Following the Word of Wisdom is vital to leading a happy and healthy life.

17. I was a silent child who craved to have peace in my life at all times.  I give anything to help anyone who is struggling.  

18. Natural healing saved my life by providing me the emotional support I needed to progress in life.

19. I can do anything I set my mind to.

20. Being blessed so abundantly made me take for granted what I had.  Loosing my business, my home, and my financial freedoms helped me gain a whole new perspective and meaning to my life.

21. Friends are forever.  Even though I don't see them or talk to them daily, I will always cherish every single person who has come into my life to uplift and inspire me.

22.  I think way too much about everything.

23. I am not perfect and will never be perfect.  So, I must make the most out of each trial and blessing that comes my way.

24. Winners in life think in terms of I can, I will, and I am.  Less fortunate concentrate their thoughts on what they should have or would have done or what they can't do.

25. There is a reason why I am commanded to pray, read scriptures, go to church, and do what I am counseled to do.  The blessings I receive are so powerful and life-changing by following such simple things.

26. I need to see others as Christ sees us.  He doesn't judge us.  He loves each of us no matter what and is there to help us through each and every trial.

27. Life is as hard as you make it.

28. I function better in chaos because I love to set goals, reach them, and reap the rewards of feeling accomplished.

29. Everything happens for a reason.  

30.  I want to be a writer when (if) I grow up...





No comments:

Post a Comment