Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Heart Day!

 
Valentine's Day was a lot of fun this year.  The kids were super excited about their books that Jeff and I got them.  Owen got a Cars sticker book and a Where's Waldo book, and Kaebrie got Elmeraldalicious and Silverlicious books.
 
We started the day off with heart french toast.


Owen had his Kindergarten Valentine Party at school. Kaebrie and I went to help and had so much fun!  Kaebrie thought she was so big being around all the older kids.  She was hilarious!
 We had exactly enough fun raiser chocolate bars left, from Owen's fundraiser that he couldn't sell, to complete his 13 Valentine's treats.  Now that is resourceful...

 They played some really fun games such as: blow a Qtip through a straw to see who could shoot it the farthest, they made a cute picture and put it into a balloon to give to someone special, they colored pictures, made a valentine, passed out valentine's, read three stories, and ate a cupcake and oreos. What more could you ask for?  WOW!!!

We had lots of visitors come to our house.  Kaebrie's darling primary teacher came to give her the cutest sack full of goodies, Gma Camille came to visit, Sophie from next door came and left a valentine for us, and a special delivery came for Kaebrie and I.  Jeff and Owen sent Kaebrie and I red roses.  They are beautiful and we LOVED it!


I had my cake decorating class on Wednesday evening and made this cake.  The kids thought it was so special.  I was late to the class so I had to cut my decorating short. 
Pretty good for my first I guess!

We drove up to Perry yesterday to stop in and say "Hi" to my parents for Valentine's Day.  The kids had so much fun and it was so good to see my parents.  I miss family so much...
As for my current status of becoming candida-free, I have done really good, miserably good.  I am now on day eleven.  This is the first Valentine's day in my life that I haven't indulged on sweets ALL.DAY.LONG.  My sweet tooth was screaming for sugar all day but I held back and counted my blessings instead.  I made a nice dinner which consisted of fresh wild salmon, shrimp, garlic red potatoes, and asparagus.
I am grateful for my sweet valentine, Jeff.  He has put up with a lot and I am so grateful for his dedication to making me happy.
Happy. Heart. Day



No comments:

Post a Comment