Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorable Memorial Day

This Memorial Day meant more to me than any previous Memorial Day.  
We decided to take the kids and my parents to Idaho to put flowers on my families graves.
We went straight to Idaho Falls and put flowers on my Grandma Grays grave, My great Grandpa and Grandma Johnson, and my Great Grandma and Grandpa Gray.  When we got to my parents house to pick up my parents Kaebrie said "We are going to go bury people."  Way funny girl.  
She misunderstood the plan just a bit!





 Owen lined up rocks on a headstone... It was darling!
We stayed overnight in Pocatello, Idaho on Saturday night.  We let the kids stay up and swim with us and Grandpa.  Grandma got to come and watch us even though she was exhausted.  
The kids had such a great time...  
We went to Burley on Sunday to put flowers on my Grandma and Grandpa Bowen's graves.  It meant a lot to go and see the headstones and reflect on their life here on earth and their journey.  I had to choke back tears when we got to my grandma Bowen's headstone.  I have been compiling her life history in a book for my dad and have been reflecting on the woman that she was.  Her journey here was amazing.  I never met her here but I am positive that her and I were very close in heaven.  
She was an inspiring person to me and I was thrilled to see where she was buried and reflect on what I now know of her.

We truly had a great time with my parents.  Jeff and I commented to one another on our drive home how that before we know it, our kids will be raised with children, and we will be telling our children about our childhood.  Life goes by so quickly. 
I will cherish this time we had with my parents for forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment