We had a fun time this season trying out soccer with Kaebrie and Owen. I would love to report that both children have serious skill and motivation and rocked it the entire season.
However, it was hilarious and eventful every single game.
Kaebrie was on a tiny tots team and Owen played U5.
I think Kaebrie spent most of her time picking flowers, grass, and her nose. It was entertaining for us! She did a really good job running back and forth, but had a hard time understanding why it was ok to steal the ball from others, when at home we strongly advise that sharing is caring.
Owen had more fun at practices then the actual games.
He really enjoyed learning how to play different games and make new friends.
When he would play in the game he would run around with all the players but again had a hard time getting in there, taking the ball, and scoring.
Half way through his game on Saturday, there was a boy who was scoring quite a few times on the other team, we heard him say "Yes, another $5.00." Is that really how his parents do it? Funny... apparently, I have a lot to learn about parenting skills.
Owen made a good goalie, he was able to block the other team really well.
Owen was more excited about earning his metal then playing the game.
On our way home, he said "When I grow up, I want to be a coach so I can buy as many metals as I want". Jeff quickly explained how they are only good if you earn them, otherwise, they have no meaning to you. His cute little ideas never fail to make me laugh. He is logical like his father!
No comments:
Post a Comment